Monday, March 9, 2009

Amit Speaks...Chapter:3 - A game of free cell

Due to my mentor I had to close this file. So I thought why not try doing something else for some time. So I proceeded to play a game of free cell. While I was at it Allwyn asked me to go down and collect sample for pens (for supplier forum) on Samhita’s behalf. I took it as a welcome change. I went out; waited for the lift. I was on 5th floor and invariably when I have to go downstairs all the three lifts are at the ground floor. Imagine all of them!! So I waited. Finally the lift arrived and I got into it.
I was alone. I had my ID card in my hand. Suddenly I noticed my image on the walls of the lift. I had a sudden rush of stupidity and the next moment I was battling with my own image assuming the ID card was a sword. Then as my luck would have it the lift stopped mid-way on the 2nd floor and the door opened. Like a fool I was found battling with my own image. But it seems this embarrassment was not enough. The ID card flung back and hit me at the spot where it is most painful and embarrassing. The other person in the lift smiled awkwardly. When the lift reached the ground floor I noted that now it took the door more than the twice time it had taken at the 2nd floor to open. It always takes this much time. May be only to cause me discomfiture it opened so soon at the 2nd floor that I didn’t even have a chance to comprehend that it was going open. Shit! Then what followed is even more disinteresting than this boring account of my day today.
Some time later Menon came up to me and gave the job of describing a pen sample to a vendor. Really that is what I am trained for…my dream job! “#$@$%%&*#” It took me three calls and 14 minutes to make the vendor understand what the pen looks like. He must have at least seen it 1000 times before this. Idiot! But what’s so unusual. Any typical Siemens vendor is like this. Like company like vendor. Then I completed my game of free cell and opened this file to write further. 3:40 pm. Now I’m feeling tired. So I’ll go and have a tea or a coffee. 3:42 pm. I should have known this even before opening the drawer. Whenever I want to have tea there are no cups in there. Always. Anyways I silently cursed the person responsible for that and came back to continue writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home